Please indicate how frequently you consume the various items in a list. Complete a sentence with a blank space with a response that reflects your eating or drinking habits.
1. How often do you eat green leafy vegetables (e.g., kale, collard greens, spinach, lettuce/tossed salad)
2. Other vegetables (e.g., green/red peppers, squash, cooked carrots, raw carrots, broccoli, celery, potatoes, peas or lima beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, string beans, beets, corn, zucchini, summer squash, eggplant, coleslaw)
3. Berries (e.g., strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
4. Nuts (e.g., peanuts, pecans, almonds, English walnuts)
5. Beans, lentils, soybeans.
6. Pastries (e.g., cake, cookies, breakfast rolls, brownies, pie, donuts)
7. Red meat and related products [e.g., cheeseburgers, hamburgers, beef tacos or burritos, hot dogs or sausages, ham, salami, bologna, or other deli meat, beef (steak, roast), lamb (roast or chops), pork (roast or chops), meatballs or meatloaf]
8. When cooking, I use ____ as a cooking oil.
9. I ____avoid sauces for meat (e.g., BBQ sauce) and for vegetables that are sweetened.
10. I ____ avoid foods cooked in boiling oil (e.g., breaded chicken parts, French fries, breaded fish)
11. I ____ alcoholic beverages (e.g., a can of beer, a glass of wine, a cocktail made with hard liquor).
12. I ____ include baked fish and poultry in my weekly diet.
13. I ____ include whole grained foods (e.g., wheat, oats, rye) in my weekly diet.